Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Coffee sacks and cookies

 Yesterday was quite a productive day! I finished all the laundry, cleaned the house, picked up some groceries, and did a little sewing. Above is the bulletin board I am working on using one of the coffee sacks I picked up at the Ruffles and Rust show over the weekend. I am using a frame I already had... but decided to paint it Heirloom White since I still had a can laying around. I will return tomorrow with the finished bulletin board!
 With the leftover part of the sack I decided to make a sample pillow, boy does that stuff fray like crazy! Ha! Andrea came over to sew her pillows, but I told her I would play around with my sample pillow for a few days before we made her pillows. I did double sew around all the edges and so far so good.
Today I am going to finish a couple projects since the sewing machine is out. Maybe sew on a couple cards too. It is another blustery day out side. Usually the winds don't come until November, so they are a couple weeks early this year. Luckily we are all ready for winter, lots of firewood, water, batteries, and canned food that can be warmed on the fireplace or the propane stove =) just in case!
 I made cookies and banana bread yesterday using wheat flour and oat bran in both. Somehow I didn't get a picture of the banana bread. The hubby has given the thumbs up on both!
I am thinking my sample pillow needs a little foo-fooing maybe some ruffles or flowers?

Quick update on the house hunting: we are headed back to the "Laurie House" tonight, but we did hear last night from our realtor that another couple has looked at the house 4 times and were putting an offer in today. "If it is meant to be it will be" is the motto we go by! We lost the house we are in 2 times to other buyers, before it finally became ours.

Thanks for stopping in today!

No comments: