Thursday, October 21, 2010

{happy} canvas and cookies

 I had every intention yesterday of finishing some of the projects I have going in the crafty studio... mini books, Christmas cards, Thanks banner instead the only thing I managed to finish was this 12x12 canvas. I had originally planned it to be on a 24x24 canvas, but liked this better. This is one of my very favorite pictures we had taken by carlyteephotography in our Valentines Day mini photo shoot.
 I chose some paper that went well together and cut them into 4x4 squares. It reminded me of a quilt, so I added some buttons, and one of my crochet birdies from etsy.
 I have had the vinyl saying for quite a while, I bought it at Treasury when it was still open. I am very pleased with how this came out, for now it is hanging in the dining room. I am still waiting for recipe cards from family members so this fills the spot for now.
 I discovered a lost jar of Traders Joes peanut butter yesterday in the cupboard that was close to expiring so I made peanut butter cookies.
 I used the same recipe as here, but I didn't put in the almond extract, I replaced 1/2 the butter with  peanut butter and replaced 1/2 a cup of oat bran instead of the wheat flour. I doubled it, since I wanted to use as much of the peanut butter as possible, and I didn't use the cookie press, just dropped them on the cookie sheet.

They were even better than normal peanut butter cookies! The hubby loves them (and Koko too!)




I will leave you with a sneak peak of the view from the house I am looking at this morning, my realtor couldn't get me in yesterday... so I drove by 3 times and parked. Can't wait to see the inside, I have already decorated the rooms I can see in the pictures! I HOPE this is THE house. 

Have an inspiring day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this photo thingy you made I want to make some as Christmas presents. Those cookies look YUUMMY!!