Friday, September 10, 2010

Purple starfish and a new hobby.

I am not sure what is going on with my signature line in my older posts... but I am aware they are not showing up.
We had a gorgeous sunset a couple nights ago. Love all the purples and grays. This was the sunset from our front window, one of my favorite things about this house.
I wanted to share a necklace that my friend Jessica made for me. I love the purple starfish!

I love all the little knots.
I am going to learn to make them for Christmas presents. Jessica said she would teach me. =D
I have decided to take up a new hobby too! Do you know what is in these boxes?

Does this help?
Hand stamped metal jewelry is very popular right now, my hubby just happened to own these boxes of goodies, he was using them to label his tools! But I have stolen them. =)


Crystals
image from Beaducation
I want to make things like this! Etsy has tons of sellers of this kind of jewelry too, if you are interested!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I want to do the whole stamp thing! That's neat that Scott just happened to have those! :~)
Glad you like your necklace! Maybe when you get back from your trip we shall get together and I can show you how to make them. I am sure a trip to the bead store is in order :)