Thursday, August 5, 2010

Drying Lavender

I have two different kinds of Lavender growing in my backyard, I am not sure what kind they each are but they smell heavenly!
When we stayed at a bed and breakfast in Victoria a few years ago, the hostess served us Lavender Scones. They were scrumptious. They had just a hint of lavender in every bite! One of the blogs I read she used dried lavender as a garnish on a Lemon Bundt Cake, it looked so pretty with the yellow of the lemon and the lavender colored "sprinkles". I had chocolate lavender ice cream a few weeks ago from here that was oh so good.
So today I decided to dry my own lavender to use for cooking. I cut the two different kinds of lavender.
I made them into bundles with a rubber band wrapped around the bottom of each.
I found a paperclip...
I pulled it apart, and attached it to my 2 bundles.
Then I hung it in a cool dark place. It is going to stay there for a week. I will keep you posted on how it is going and what I decide to make ;)

I am continuing the yard work, so guess I better get out there, we are expecting rain over the weekend.

Have a fabulous day!

No comments: