Saturday, May 8, 2010

Relay for Life, Cinco de Mayo taco feed

I spent the evening May 4 chopping, cooking, baking, and crafting! What a FUN night! I haven't had the opportunity to bake in about a year, so I was a happy girl! I took on the task of supplying the food for the Cinco de Mayo party at my work in support of Relay for Life.
I browned 6 pounds of hamburger, chopped tomatoes, lettuce, onion, baked 50 Margarita cupcakes (I did not put the alcohol in them since they would be at my work, even though the alcohol would have cooked out of them) I got the recipe here. They were delish! But as a side note... they do not raise very much so fill the liners with batter!!!
I frosted them with a butter cream frosting and bought pretty lime green sugar to sprinkle on top!
In between the baking I created these pom poms! They kinda remind me of pinatas so I thought they would be fun hanging over the table at work! ( There are lots of tutorials available)
They were so fun to make! I learned not all tissue paper is created equal though! I did not like the tissue paper from Target... or the Dollar Tree! Loved the tissue paper from Fred Meyer which I believe was maybe Hallmark??? Not sure though!

The Cinco de Mayo taco feed did not generate as much money as we had hoped, but that's okay I had lots of fun and it was for a good cause! The only real leftovers were 8 boxes of taco shells that I am donating to the letter carriers food drive this weekend, so it all worked out in the end!

Did you celebrate Cinco de Mayo?

No comments: