Saturday, July 31, 2010

Makin jam and syrup!


The last couple days have been so productive! Yesterday the hubby got off work at 10:30, I had been up cleaning and organizing my craft studio since he left at 6:00 am. We decided to tackle the garage. So we started at one end and created three piles: a pile of Genna's boxes and furniture that I need to take to Genna for her new house, a garbage pile and a goodwill pile. We worked in the garage until 5:00pm then called it a day.
Today my friend Jessica came to make jam and syrup! One of our friends gave her 30 pounds of blueberries!
Plus she brought strawberries too.
That's a whole lotta berries! Jessica had already washed 3 1-gallon ziplock bags and I washed all these up tonight and ended up with 3 1-gallon ziplock bags also. I am going to make jam and syrup tomorrow.
It was a fun way to spend the day =) Which we finally had rain today! Such a nice change, I LOVE the rain! And the fog.
I fixed us a chicken salad for lunch that we wrapped in lettuce leaves, one of my favorite recipes, I use it with tuna too and sometimes put it in a whole wheat pita. I bought 2 roasted chicken breasts from the deli this morning, skinned, boned and diced it, cut up some carrots, celery, onion, almond slices, dried cranberries, and organic mayo. When I make it with tuna (albacore) I sometimes add pickles too. I've used dried cherries, and raisins also if that is what I have on hand. So good! And good for you, the organic mayo I use from Trader Joes has no sugar.

We made a batch of strawberry jam, blueberry jam, strawberry/blueberry jam and blueberry syrup.
Andrea stopped in to say Hi! She just returned from working in Alaska and I gave her the photo album I had done for her. We are so glad she is back!!! We missed her!

No comments: