Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving wrap up...

 I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving weekend! We had a very relaxing 4 days =) Last Wednesday I made the cranberry sauce for dinner on Thursday. I received this recipe several years ago from a friend and have been making my own cranberry sauce ever since. Last year I began substituting agave for the sugar and can't tell the difference.
 This is what it looks like when it has cooked for about 10 minutes.

 Then I just put it into jars for easy storage and gift giving.
 I also made the candied sweet potatoes on Wednesday. I used both sweet potatoes and yams.

 I received this recipe from my sister in law, I did substitute agave, but still added the brown sugar. These are the best, the hubby LOVES them.

This year I baked only one pie. Since it is just the hubby and I, we don't really need two pies! haha! So Pumpkin it was... made with agave and wheat crust. YUM! The pie was baked on Wednesday too.
 I made a few little changes to my center piece...
 set the table using cloth napkins and cute little place settings =)
 On the back of the hubbys I wrote what I was thankful for...
 He knows me too well, he immediately turned it over to read what I had written.

 Yum, dinners ready!

 The candied sweet potatoes ready to be eaten.
 One of my Pottery Barn inspired candles...

 A full plate of food!

Pie for dessert, with homemade whipped cream... 
We spent the day in our jammies, it snowed and was cold... Scott did go out and shovel the driveway and to buy me a newspaper so we could look at the Black Friday ads. By the time dinner was over it was raining and most of the snow was melted =) gotta love that.


Today I have a mountain of laundry to do, some groceries to buy, I am going to try my darndest to pack up at least a couple boxes of books from the bookcases downstairs. Take down Thanksgiving decorations, and finish wrapping the last of the Christmas presents.

I am going to try to make a batch of chocolate covered cherries too! Guess I better get moving!

Have a fabulous day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh that looks sooo good :) I made homemade cranberry sauce but yours looks better. I may need that recipe! :)