Sunday, September 27, 2009

Swap meet/Antique fair

When we walked into the Swap meet/Antique fair this is the first thing I saw! I kid you not! The very FIRST booth. Now some of you may say, "it's orange" it's not orange, it's the color of starfish!!!! I LOVE IT!! So, I told myself before looking at the price tag, "I love the whole set, but I am buying the table for sure" not thinking I could afford it ALL. By the way, it has drawers on BOTH sides. How cute for a scrapbooking room to scrap or craft with a friend?
The pair of chairs, $32.00 score!!! I got them for $30.00.
The table $42.oo!!! :D Yes I bought the whole set. BUT wait there is more. She discounted it for me too! In total I spent $130.00! The table was $40.00.
Look at the cute details on the chair back.
This bench was $18.00, she gave it to me for $10.00, I am going to find a cuter, beachy fabric to put on it, maybe a beach towel?
This trunk was $25.00. Okay, I know you are thinking what does she want with that old thing, but I adore it! I can think of a number of fun things to put in it.
This mirror was $22.oo. I got it for $20.00. I thought it would look nice above the fireplace, but it is not working for me here in this color. So it will either be painted, or put into another room.
This shelf with the baskets was $15.00. She gave it to me for $12.00. I thought it would be cute for more craft stuff. So the total came to $137.00. But, she was so grateful for my love of her stuff, she only charged me the $130.00. I want you to know, I did not purchase it right away, I did check out all 200 venders in 2 hours, before going back to the first booth to buy my purchases!
So, I am now in the process of listing some of my old furniture on Craigslist to sell, to make room in the guest bedroom for the new old furniture, because, she also had a couple dressers I want!!! She lives in Oak Harbor.... so I will be headed down there to buy a few things ;) I am still so torn as to whether to put my craft room in the guest room or not. Buying the table and chairs is not helping the situation. I guess first things first, I need to sell my old furniture, and finish painting the last two walls in the guest room. I would love to put some white wood flooring down too. All this before my next guest comes in 4 weeks! Hmm, ?

I'll keep you posted!

No comments: