Saturday, September 26, 2009

Beautiful fall day in the Pacific Northwest


It is a beautiful fall day here. This is the view from the front window, lots of sail boats :) on the water. We have today and tomorrow for great weather, then it looks like rain for a while. It's funny how every time I think of maybe selling this house and buying one that hubby would like better, I see this view, and I am reminded why I love this house.
Hubby is flying with a new student this morning, then we haven't decided which of the fun things we will do today and tomorrow. So many choices, so nice :)
The hazelnuts are ready to be picked in Ferndale, so I think it would be fun to do that this year and send for Christmas presents, the apple trees are ready too, so I am hoping to stop at Bellwood Acres for fresh apple cider (we love this warmed on the stove with some cinnamon and cloves on cool fall evenings), apple donuts, and some apples to make applesauce with and dry.... okay, maybe a pie for my sweet hubby too! Of course, we haven't made it to the corn maze yet, haven't been to Mt. Baker yet this year, and there is a flea market/antique show this weekend, down in Mt. Vernon with over 200 vendors that I am dying to check out! (that is a for sure sometime this weekend). See LOTS to keep us busy this time of year, which is perfect to keep my mind off the job I applied for..... hopefully, I will be called for an interview this week! Keep your fingers crossed for me ;0
I'll post later this weekend with some pics of what we decided to do.....
What are you doing this weekend?

No comments: