Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day weekend 2010

View from Dads front yard

I have spent the last few weeks visiting at my Dads house. As you know my Grandma (my dad's mom) passed away. My brother and his family, my sister and her family, and Adam, Genna and Justin all came for a visit over Memorial Weekend. It was so much fun! But I have NO pictures! My mind has been elsewhere lately.
The weather cooperated, it was sunny and warm so everyone could use the pool and the hot tub.
We did get pictures at grandmas house. Above is my brothers family.
My sisters family.
And my family! Minus Jestin =(

I have really enjoyed being able to spend time with my dad, stepmom, nieces and nephews, I have had the opportunity to take my time going through grandmas belongings, reflecting on the objects I come across. Items she made, things she wore, stories she told about the things she loved in her home. It will be hard to drive by her house and know grandma is not there anymore, but she is soo happy to be with grandpa that it is hard to be too sad.

No comments: