Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring Decorating 2010

Did a little decorating for spring this weekend. I am looking for a quote or picture to put in the middle, I have been trying to find a mirror that would work there for a long time, so I have given up!
The pot on the african violet looks blue in the picture, it is purple in real life.

The letters I found on clearance at Michael's a while back and are a lilac glitter.
This picture show the glitter a little better. I used the bird punch and sponged the edges. I really like this little bird, I am going to try to make a garland to hang from the light in the dining room using the bird and the flowers.

I bought this nest last year at TJ Max when the Easter stuff was on clearance for $1.99.
I need to pick up a few more of the moss covered rocks from Dollar Tree, when I picked them up I didn't know what I was going to do with them, but am pretty happy with them inside the jar, my other thought was to fill it with Jelly Beans, but that would cost too much! Haha!
I am working on this corner still, I bought the curly willow branch this weekend at the Lynden Craft and Antique show. I love it, not sure what to do with it. I bought another one that is by the front door. I am looking for a toile to put inside the curio cabinet before I get to carried away with filling it.
I am thinking of using these dish towels as inspiration for painting the kitchen. If Scott isn't home next weekend, I may spend it painting and redecorating. Goodbye peanut butter walls, and chickens, hello spring green walls, herbs and lavender check curtains! Yummy! I think I even have a metal bee I can use somewhere!


No comments: