Saturday, June 27, 2009

Squires Lake


I was reading one of the local blogs here in Bellingham the other day and she was talking about hiking at Squires Lake, so I brought the info home to Scott and we took off after dinner to Squires Lake 2.2 mile hike.
These wild flowers greeted us at the parking lot.
The trail was gorgeous, once again as ALL the trails in the area are. This picture makes it look like it was an easy hike, I should have taken a picture of the uphill part, we had to hike uphill to get to where the lake was, then you can hike all the way around the lake.

This was my first time seeing a snail, isn't it cool! 
We found this on the trail too! Such a pretty color, Scott wouldn't let me bring it home to match a paint to. There were lots of different birds there, our next trip I am bringing my binoculars and bird book. We were the only ones on the trail, which doesn't happen very often! No fish in the lake that we could see, lots of frogs croaking. We can't wait to take a picnic dinner and go again next week!

Have a great weekend!


No comments: