Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Decor 2009

Welcome to the Farnes home... our upstairs fireplace mantel. I found a branch in the front yard that fell off one of the pine trees and brought it inside. I added some Dollar Tree snowflakes, Michael's $2.49 mini lights, 50% off pearl and crystal garland, a banner from a kit I bought from Treasury, and that will serve as our "tree" this year! LOL!


I am hanging the Christmas cards we receive from mini clothes pins that I have glued buttons, ribbon, or small words to. They hang in our dining room window.
I bought this garland from TJ Maxx for $4.99! I just wrapped it around the light fixture.
The dining room.... with the Christmas cards hanging on the curtains. We received the bouquet of flowers yesterday from Scott's mom and stepdad! Thank you they are perfect!
I did add the little JOY embellishment to them though ;) I couldn't resist. I bought the candy cane letters from Michael's on clearance 64 for $2.49, and just used some buttons to glue them together.
A few more candles, more cedar from the front yard and we are all ready for the holidays! The best part? I didn't have to get out ALL those Christmas boxes from storage, so putting it all away will be easy peasy!


No comments: