Thursday, October 6, 2011

Crafting under pressure

 I signed up for my very first shoe box swap a couple months ago. I convinced my friend Jessica to sign up with me. This shoe box swap is where you come up with a project, make it into a kit, one for each of 20 people. We are meeting at a church north of town. I haven't ever met these gals before... I am so nervous about my project, but so excited to meet some crafty ladies near me. The swap in Saturday! I took a class online and was inspired to have my project be emboss resist with distress inks and stains. Above is my first attempt at what I had in mind.
 I found that I truly loved the effect I got with the technique. Love the yellows and golds...
 the greens and reds....
 So I attempted to make it the background to my project.
 Then I got stuck...
 So I tried again...
 a gift card holder...
 nope, not quite what I had in mind.
 Here is another attempt, still not what I wanted!
 This one is very close to what my finished project turned out to be, still a gift card holder, so happy with it! I will post my finished project tomorrow =)
Right now, I've got a mess to clean up! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: